• YARNY

  • YARNY

  • YARNY

About

Ribbed A-Line Jacket And Now Short-Sleeved Cardigan

Sometimes I wonder if it’s my calculations or is it the pattern - I love the design of the A-Line jacket in Runway Knits by Berta Karapetyan. Based on the pattern I would have enough yarns from my stash to make it; but as I was on my 8th ball, I realized I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH YARN!!! I had already got a feeling while I was on my 5th ball so I dramatically shape the A-line, and cut the length…but still, I wasn’t even by the collar yet and not to mention the sleeves….how can I do the finish it with the rest of my 2 balls?

Needful Flash A-Line Jacket -  ribbed
After searching the net and realized no alternative of ordering this yarn, I have decided to rib it off. Well, I took a picture as a memory.

Then I started this:
Needful Flash Short-Sleeved Cardigan
It’s a short-sleeved cardigan from Fitted Knits. It’s a lovely style and the yarn (Needful - Flash) I am using is quite suitable to the pattern.  I think it’s neat to use a black yarn but with purple stripes all over.

Needful Flash Short-Sleeved Cardigan
Well, so far so good. It’s a fast knit because of the worsted yarn, and it’s knitted as a one piece from top down so no sewing is required which I LOVED. I made it a little longer than the pattern and I switched to a bigger needles by my hips so it flared out. Next would be the sleeves and the pick up stitches at the front to create ribbing for the buttonholes.

Needful Flash Short-Sleeved Cardigan
Hopefully no more ribbing! I don’t want to feel like I have cats - I have cat hair around my desk and my lap, it’s because as I was ribbing the jacket, it shredded like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment